Digital Product Owner
Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Digital Product Owner
Capital One Digital Messaging Products is looking for digital product leaders to build out the next generation of digital experiences.
If you have the drive for building amazing digital products that impact the lives of millions daily, we want you! We are looking for product managers who are passionate about digital experiences, energetic design thinkers, self-driven technologists and smart strategists. To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for our customers. You will be able to apply your deep knowledge of consumer and technology trends to shape a vision for products that disrupt the home loans industry. You'll also need to be equally comfortable talking to techies in our sprint teams as you are communicating with our analytically minded, stuffy bankers. (One day, we'll get them in jeans, too…)
Things that might tip us off you're not the right person for this position:
- You think Square is just a geometric shape
- Raspberry Pi looks misspelled
- You have an aversion to denim
- A mobile wallet is your money running away from you
- Thinking about your money gives you hives
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- You have demonstrated experience improving digital user interfaces through various tools and techniques
- You're going to be responsible for delivering an experience, so you must have worked in a product group focusing on web or mobile applications for a few years; in and around cool designers and nerdy engineers – and love ip>
- You possess the ability to deliver on those insights obtained through customer research and interaction data by driving product vision and strategy to position our digital products alongside our core financial products
- Working with our engineering teams, that vision you clearly articulated will need to turn into simple, intuitive experiences that serve our customer's banking needs
- You have demonstrated record of success inventing and launching successful features
Specific role responsibilities include:
- Lead grooming activities within an Agile team, specifically defining and writing user stories, acceptance criteria and user interface design for platform and product enhancements; activities to include business case analysis, obtaining acceptance and alignment from stakeholders for the recommended enhancements, documenting requirements along with prioritization, and working with technology team to deliver the enhancement that generates business value
- Own and support product initiatives and customer experience from ideation to rollout
- Closely collaborate with the UI design, analytics, technology, compliance, operations, and lines of business to understand the feasibility of the solution and subsequently drive delivery of the solution
- Drive day-to-day prioritization of work operations, projects and scope; troubleshoot reported issues and escalate when appropriate
- Work with a cross-functional team to translate customer needs and technology directions into new or enhanced features and services
- Support Compliance and Legal with enterprise standards, processes and policies
- Collaborate to define, analyze and communicate product roadmap alignment with business objectives as supported with business cases, market research, customer data and competitive analysis
- Gather customer feedback to validate that the product works against stated metrics
- Monitor service level agreements to maximize value to the business
- Contribute to continuous improvement of product ownership and other agile processes
If those things up there sound like you, and you can check the box on these things down here, let's talk. Send us your information and let's see what you have:
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 3-5 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 2-4 years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top