Digital Product Manager, UX Platform CapitalOne.com
Monsoon (61076), United States of America, Oakland, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Digital Product Manager, UX Platform CapitalOne.com
More than 60 million customers rely on us every day to enable fast, frictionless access to their money and empower them with tools, insights, and support so they have healthy financial futures.
That's why we're here—a bold team of digital entrepreneurs, designers, analysts and engineers working to Change Banking for Good. We're working to make a difference in people's lives.
Maybe you should be here, too.
Keep reading if:
- You think system architecture, Angular.js and automated build servers are part of normal language
- You've got a background and passion for technology that makes it easier for developers to get work done, while driving our business and experience needs forward
- You embrace Agile and Lean, knowing results speak louder than PowerPoint decks
What you'll do:
- Meet with stakeholders to determine the best roadmap to enable their back- and front-end vision for the web platform
- Manage an Agile software team of UI and back-end developers
- Collaborate daily with developers, technology leaders and business partners to understand the opportunities and connected frameworks needed for success
- Use open source, third-party vendors and homegrown tools to elevate CapitalOne.com and web-delivered intent to its simplest, most elegant potential
- Own your product/features from cradle to grave, including gaining alignment with stakeholders, measuring results, and optimizing for value down the road
What we're looking for:
- Amazing product instincts. You are an expert in building, assimilating and testing web technologies that serve a diverse userbase; your front- and back-end system knowledge is top tier.
- You work to outcomes and understand how to value the business and human results of the work you and your team complete
- A love for working in ambiguity—and making sense of it. You can take in a lot of disparate information and find common themes, recommend clear paths forward and iterate along the way. You don't form an opinion and sell it as if it's gospel; this is all about being flexible, agile, dependable, and responsive in the face of many moving parts.
- Born from code. You know its inner workings and are bilingual in both business and development languages
- Confidence, not ego. Whether you're conducting research or working with technology leaders, you're an expert at extracting insights that might go against what you originally thought they'd be—in other words, you're not someone who's looking for validation, but instead, truth.
- You've shipped outstanding web apps/platforms from concept to launch; you've got examples you can share right now.
- You have developed/continue to develop software of your own design
- You can debate the merits of a MEAN vs. LAMP stack before the first cup of coffee
- You're a frequent attendee of ng-conf
- You have experience in the financial services industry
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- MBA or Master's degree
- 3-5 years of experience translating business strategy into superior platform technologies
- 2-4 years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top