Digital Product Management
201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Digital Product Management
If you have the drive for building amazing digital products that impact your colleagues' lives daily, we want you! To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering great tools and frameworks that make life easier for our internal partners, resulting in better experiences for our customers. You'll need to be equally comfortable talking to techies across the partner teams as you are communicating with our business partners across our different lines of businesses. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy the challenge of creating enterprise-class products and making a difference in the way our developers do their job.
You will be a dynamic product owner familiar with the Agile methodology, have built enterprise-grade platforms/products before, be able to rally the team and work in a highly collaborative environment. You will define stories and acceptance criteria, manage and prioritize the team backlog, and contribute to the overall team vision and roadmap.
The successful candidate will be able to understand what our partners are trying to achieve; current gaps & technical constraints; partner with Content and other engineering teams to build out a valuable, enterprise-class platform product. He/She will be responsible for day-to-day communication within the cross-functional team and on behalf of the team.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in developing the product roadmap
- Communicate the platform roadmap and vision to the technology team
- Acts as the voice of the business and customer for the team
- Ensure a healthy backlog by regularly grooming intent with the team
- Prioritize the product backlog to maximize on business and customer outcomes
- Define acceptance criteria for work and accepts user stories
- Collaborate across teams and the product owner community
- Support team with escalation and resolution of impediments
- Work directly with team and play a key role in key Agile ceremonies
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 2+ years of experience working on enterprise or B2B digital products
- 3+ years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top