Digital Payments Product Manager
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Digital Payments Product Manager
Commercial Operations (CML Ops) is one of the largest divisions in the Commercial Bank, this teams scope is horizontal across the bank and as such it supports numerous critical processes and transactions. By incubating innovative solutions and embracing technology, this team creates an unforgettable and unparalleled experience for our associates and clients. One of the most impactful groups in the CML Ops team is the Enterprise Payments and Treasury Operations (EPTO) team.
The EPTO team manages all of the inbound and outbound payments for the commercial bank. Our work can range processing Wires to ACH to disbursements as well as transactions for our clients treasury products. The team is currently growing and searching for a Product Manger. This role, within EPTO team, will be leading our Payments Core Processing Platforms Team, which engages with our technology and Ops teams and helps deliver value added capabilities to our core platforms leveraged by the teams.
Job Description & Ideal Candidate:
This individual will lead the development and management of a custom cloud-based, associate-facing user interface exposing Shared Payment Services within our enterprise Payments Value Stream. Your product will form the cornerstone of our payments experience - blending digital design with backend integration to provide our internal and external customers the ability to transact in real time with straight through processing. To fit the bill, you will need to have deep passion for payments along with building simple and intuitive user experiences on the latest technologies. You'll also need to be equally comfortable talking to techies in our sprint teams as you are communicating with our analytically- and risk- minded bankers. This individual's responsibilities will include:
- Own and drive your product's transformational strategy, vision and delivery by partnering with stakeholders and other product managers
- Define, prioritize and groom agile delivery team's backlogs
- Create differentiated payment experiences for customers using design thinking and lean UX principles
- Act as customer proxy/liaison between payment operations, business and the technology team
- Meet customer needs while maintaining technical integrity
- Reduce operational payment risk through innovative technology solutions
- Participate in meetings with Director+ level resources across Ops, Product, and IT
- Create clear and compelling communications and presentations (PowerPoint, etc.)
On any given day in our group you'll be:
- Empowered. Owning the success and life cycle of end-to-end payment experiences (such as payment initiation and smart routing), setting its strategy and driving towards improvements to your KPIs
- Learning constantly. Work deeply with customers, product managers, technologists and operations experts in building cutting edge solutions to meet customer payment needs
- Innovating relentlessly. Pushing big change by starting small, testing, and learning your way to something new.
- Sharing openly. Telling stories that change the way people think about building products and solving problems, and that illustrate the power of what software can do to make their lives and our customers' lives better
- Managing Payment Risk. Building tools to facilitate the movement of millions of payments across the bank. Building technology solutions to enable our customers to move money quickly and safely
- Connecting creatively. Jumpstarting a self-supporting community by sowing the right seeds, building the right tools, and integrating the right off-the-shelf products
- Succeeding strategically. Solving the right problem,and holding on the wrong one. Getting big by starting small
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge and some experience in leveraging Design Thinking and Human Centered Design concepts to build elegant digital experiences to meet customer needs
- Proven experience defining and executing a transformational product strategy while successfully tackling ambiguity independently
- A strong leader and coach to less experienced product owners
- Electronic payments and/or Commercial Banking Experience
- Hands on knowledge of Payment Hubs, Open APIs and/or AWS Cloud technologies
- Passion for existing and emerging payment rails
- Enthusiastic, knowledgeable and passionate around agile product management, with the goal of delivering breakthrough consumer experiences
- Analytical problem solver who can clearly identify, analyze, and resolve issues as they arise
- Understanding of Scrum and/or Scaled Agile Framework process and best practices
- Passion for leveraging critical thinking skills to improve end to end processes
- Strong communication, facilitation, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Execution focused - Results-oriented with a "can do" attitude
- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work as well as the work of your team(s)
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in Agile product management using Scrum and SAFe methodologies
- 3+ years of experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver consumer experiences and core product platforms that power those experiences
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top