DevOps Software Engineer
West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
DevOps Software Engineer
As a Capital One DevOps Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end systems using the hottest techniques in Big and Fast Data.
The Capital One Streaming Data Platform is looking for a Dev/Ops Software Engineer to help with our journey towards automation, application development, support and monitoring of the platform. You will be working with CI/CD tools, cloud infrastructure, scripting and automation technologies to help us achieve our goal of running an always-on, distributed streaming platform hosted entirely on the cloud. You will be supporting the enterprise in its goal of providing a real-time decisioning system that provides its customers with innovative services and a unique advantage.
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of streaming solutions on AWS
- Stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, and define patterns to integrate solutions in the Capital One environment
- Encourage innovation, implement solutions with cutting-edge technologies, promote outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Work with Product Owners and Partner teams to understand desired application availability/performance capabilities and features
- Continuously influence and improve software engineering practices
- Supporting enterprise-class, 24x7 cloud based streaming platform
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience working with Python
- At least 1 year of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- At least 1 year of experience with Linux server automation and scripting
- At least 1 year of experience with infrastructure deployment and configuration management tools such as Ansible or Terraform, or Chef or Puppet
- At least 1 year of experience with Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools such as Jenkins or Drone orTravisCI or CircleCI
- At least 1 year of experience with ITIL problem management and incident management processes
- At least 1 year of experience with monitoring tools such as DataDog or Splunk or Grafana or Zabbix
- 1+ year of experience deploying or managing containerization/workload management frameworks such as Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Nomad or DCOS
- 2+ years of experience working with Java
- 5+ years of experience with Linux server automation and scripting
- AWS Developer or Solution Architect certification
- 1+ year of experience with Agile development practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top