Dev/Ops Software Engineer
Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Dev/Ops Software Engineer
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data.
The Capital One Technical Operations Center is looking for a Dev/Ops Software Engineer to help with our voyage towards automation, application development and support and monitoring of our most critical platforms. You will be working with CI/CD tools, cloud infrastructure, scripting and automation technologies to help us achieve our goal of maximum system stability.
• Use technology infrastructure and operational processes to enable a more effective incident response process
• Design and implement appropriate monitoring solutions for applications we support, with the goal of enabling more efficient production support
• Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of solutions on AWS
• Stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
• Encourage innovation, implement solutions with cutting-edge technologies, promote outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
• Work with Product Owners and Partner teams to understand desired application availability/performance capabilities and validation testing scenarios
• Continuously influence improved software engineering practices
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience working with Python and Powershell
- At least 2 years of experience with ITIL problem management and incident management processes
- At least 2 years of experience with monitoring tools such as DataDog, Splunk, Grafana, or Zabbix
- At least 2 years of experience with AWS
- At least 1 year of experience with DevOps practices using tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, Chef, Ansible
- At least 1 year of experience with Alerting and Monitoring of resources in the cloud with CloudWatch or Datadog
- Master's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering
- 2 years of experience in Java or NodeJS
- 3 years of experience with Linux, server automation and scripting
- Certified AWS Developer or Solution Architect
- 1 year of experience with Agile development practices
- 1 year of experience with Identify automation opportunities from manual day to day work
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top