DevOps Platform Engineer
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
DevOps Platform Engineer
Are you looking to influence decision makers with your own technological ideas and innovations? Do you want to be at the forefront of cloud adoption and emerging technologies?
If yes, come join us in Capital One nAble Tech, where we develop best-in-class strategies and solutions for key internal business domains; providing key capabilities for critical cross-organization programs, and proving out emerging technologies, as well as DevOps best practices.
Capital One is looking to hire DevOps Platform Engineers to collaborate with business groups, in order to develop and deliver innovative technological solutions.
- Support transformation of established infrastructure using automation.
- Support the building new systems environments, and upgrading/patching existing ones through the use of automation tooling.
- Handle project management and reporting for various enterprise level, time-sensitive initiatives.
- Provide hands-on support for the ongoing development of Infrastructure-As-Code(IAC) and support operation as well as maintenance teams.
- Analyze infrastructure automation requirements and code development.
- Script to build required automation and tools on an ad-hoc basis (using Chef, Ruby, Python, Bash, etc.).
- Work with API development, middleware, storage, messaging, and cloud technology teams.
- Design and develop reusable components, code, and document custom automation frameworks, maintain scripts, as well as update these items as needed to build continuous delivery pipelines; ensuring rapid availability of products.
- Deploy and decommission client environments for multi as well as single-tenant hosted applications following established processes and procedures.
- Monitor system and application performance to detect errors, apply testing procedures/methodologies (e.g. diagnostic software), as well as provide interpretation of data.
- Lead incident management calls and coordinate resources through resolution.
- Work with Governance, Access Control, and Supplier Management.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience with version control systems (GIT), configuration management (Chef), as well as central logging and monitoring solutions
- At least 2 years of experience with HashiCorp tooling (Terraform, Packer, Vault)
- At least 2 years of experience with scripting (Python, Ruby, Bash)
- At least 1 year of experience with AWS (Data Forms)
- 1+ years of experience with PostgreSQL, MYSQL, SQL, Oracle
- 1+ years of experience with high availability architectures and concepts
- 1+ years of experience with enterprise backup/restore architectures and concepts
- 1+ years of experience with strategies for database backups, file system backups
- 1+ years of experience with CI/CD testing and deployment tools such as Jenkins
- 1+ years of experience with various Firewall architectures and Network Security concepts
- 1+ years of experience with architectural documentation of technology as built
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top