McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Love making a difference by improving small business user's customer experiences? Want to build amazing products that directly impacts small business customers? Take on a leadership challenge with our Small Business Card Technology Department and be a part of Capital One's growing lines of business!
As DevOps Master Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- Perform complex applications programming activities. Codes, tests, debugs
- Responsible for key system design and integration decisions; and for communicating decisions to individuals implementing the system
- Diagnose highly complex systemic problems and takes the lead until the issue is resolved
- Participate actively in building products build/release metrics that can effectively provide measure for volume, efficiency and root cause for failures to perform gap analysis for future improvements
- Lead DevOps Maturity Model, review and publish results and improvement plan to management team
- Initiate and drive process improvements related to software release process
- Provide continuous delivery implementation and execution to achieve successful build, test and deployment activities for one or more products
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of system and determine priority of needs
- Manage standard system processes and enhancements to system. Ensure that solution design adheres to good software design practices. Accountable for overall solution design quality
- Ensure adherence to defined Software Development Life cycle and Architecture strategy and intent
- Provide functional, technical, and/or process leadership
- Expand own knowledge and skills through training, mentoring, and other methods
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years' experience in software development
- At least 2 years' of DevOps Engineering experience
- At least 4 years' of Continuous Integration/Deployment experience
- At least 2 years' experience with AWS/Cloud
- At least 2 years' experience Managing API Gateway
- At least 2 years' experience with RESTful APIs
- At least 4 years' experience with Jenkins/Chef
- At least 3 years' experience as lead on software development projects
- At least 3 years of experience in design/coding applications in Java/Python/Nodejs
- At least 3 years of experience working in a Linux/Unix/Windows environment
- At least 1 year of experience implementing DevOps practices at scale
- Master's Degree
- 7+ years' experience in software development
- 7+ years' experience in Agile practices
- 5 years' experience with Java, Tomcat and Spring framework
- 5 years' experience Rest API, API Testing
- 5 years' experience with Maven and GitHub
- 5 years' experience in UNIX Scripting
- 2 years' experience in Apache Web Server
- 2 years' experience with AngularJS
- 2 years' experience with NodeJS
- 2 years' experience with Bootstrap and other UI frameworks
- 2 years' experience with UI testing frameworks
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top