Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Are you excited by the challenge of building systems that help millions of consumers and small businesses manage their finances? Are you a passionate software engineer who likes to use a variety of languages and tools to support a zero downtime Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) environment in AWS?
We have several teams devoted to account aggregation solutions that empower our customers to access and control their financial data regardless of which financial institutions or applications they use.
We are looking for software engineers with excellent design and coding skills plus a passion for Cloud, DevOps, and CI/CD challenges to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of our build and AWS deployment environments including scaling, provisioning, monitoring, and automation. You should have significant CI/CD experience and strong AWS system administration skills. Python development experience would also be helpful.
If you take pride in your work, know how to solve complex problems, and want to see your work used in a high-traffic production environment, please consider joining our team.
- Build and maintain a Jenkins CI/CD pipeline using Cloud Formation Templates, Ansible, Docker, and Python to support the team's AWS multi-region/multi-AZ deployed production systems
- Apply sound software design skills (SOLID/DRY principles) to our infrastructure code so that multiple systems can share the same CI/CD pipeline
- Introduce new ideas and technologies so that we can stay on the cutting edge
- Assist with production support issues when they arise
- Clearly communicate technical information to both developers and business stakeholders
- At least 1 year of experience with Jenkins or Drone
- At least 1 year of experience writing Python, Groovy, or Ruby
- At least 1 year of experience with Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or Salt
- At least 1 year of experience with AWS
- Bachelor's, Master's, or Minor in Computer Science
- 1+ year of experience providing enterprise Linux-based systems administration
- 1+ year of experience with Terraform or CloudFormation
- 1+ year of experience with Artifactory or Nexus
- 1+ year of experience with Docker
- 1+ year of experience with Nginx
- 1+ year of experience with GitHub
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top