Monsoon (61076), United States of America, Oakland, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One is a pioneer in financial services, a high-tech company, an innovation laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand that reaches tens of millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration and delivers great consumer experiences. We are looking to change the way people engage with their money, their bank, and their financial lives. It's audacious work at a massive scale.
We are in search of a motivated engineer with an eye toward detail and mind for all things Quality. We operate in small productive agile teams and use the best industry tools to collaborate across teams.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of Capital One's public cloud hosted infrastructure (OS+Network+Security+Monitoring).
- Working closely with orchestration/API, client development teams and architecture to design and build new back end applications.
- Develop app management tools and monitors.
- Execute system administration of hosting platforms capable of running on a variety of frameworks (Python, Java, node.js).
- Support Capital One shared production environments (ensuring system availability, performance, capacity, and continuity through proper response to incidents, events and problems).
- Work with developers to build out CI/CD pipelines, enable self-service build tools and reusable deployment jobs.. Find, explore and advocate for new technologies for enterprise use.
- 4 years of overall IT experience or military experience.
- At least 2 years of experience providing enterprise Unix or Linux based system administration.
- At least 2 years of experience working with code repositories and build tools.
- At least 1 year experience building automated cloud infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- 2+ years of experience working with code repositories and build tools GIT/GitHub, or Jenkins/Hudson, or Nexus.
- 1+ years' experience with Ansible, Puppet, OpenStack, or Terraform.
- 1+ years' experience with MySQL, Postgress, Mongo DB, or ElasticSearch.
- 3+ years of overall IT experience in an enterprise cloud environment.
- 1+ year of experience with Hadoop Administration.
- 1+ year of experience with shell scripting.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top