Plano Town Center (31064), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if?" Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again. As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
Capital One is actively seeking experienced DevOps Engineers with expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. As part of the Application Platform team that's leading the next wave of disruption on a whole new scale, you will play an integral part in advancing Capital One's eco-system and culture of technical excellence. You will champion the Platform DevOps agenda by living and breathing Infrastructure Automation. You will make a key contribution supporting end-to-end Platform application delivery, including Infrastructure provisioning and integration with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) platforms, using existing and emerging technologies. The ideal candidate is passionate about open-source and Infrastructure Automation!
- Automate the provisioning of environments using frameworks such as AWS cloud formations, Chef, Ansible, Puppet.
- Develop scripts and glue code to integrate multiple software components and applications.
- Design and develop automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting reviews to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assessing the overall quality of delivered components
- Create applications / APIs for new work flows and the enhancement of existing to automate internal processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, vendors, and other engineering team, solving complex business problems together
- Pilot new open-source tools for automation and self-service features/portal
- Self-starters, those who can work independently, with and across teams.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree, or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience providing enterprise Linux based system administration
- At least 3 years of experience administering software delivery tools
- At least 2 year experience with scripting languages
- At least 1 year of experience working with Cloud automation
- At least 3 years of experience with Infrastructure design
- At least 1 years of experience with Amazon Web Services
- At least 3 years of experience with Python
- At least 3 years of experience with Configuration Management frameworks
- 3+ years' experience with programming languages
- 3+ years' experience with Configuration Management frameworks
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top