Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One is seeking a highly motivated, experienced and dedicated DevOps Engineer who is passionate about cutting-edge distributed cloud computing. You will join a group of creative thinkers and builders who blend engineering and design to create secure next generation cloud solutions for Capital One.
As part of a team that's leading the next wave of disruption on a whole new scale, you will play an integral part in advancing Capital One's security within the Cloud eco-system and culture of technical excellence. You will live and breathe Cloud Solutions Technology and play a critical role in creating the next generation of network-centric and secure Cloud architectures.
This role will support end-to-end public Cloud Automation of application delivery, including infrastructure provisioning and integration with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) platforms, using existing and emerging technologies.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has experience moving large scale data and applications to the Cloud and can lead innovative projects to design, develop, architect and support our digital platforms on AWS.
- Leading and contributing to AWS development, maintenance, and usage of deployment and task automation (OS, database services, virtual networks, or other platform services)
- Enhancing platform services with Jenkins, Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Ansible, and scripting technologies on GIT and Nexus
- Participating with Architecture, Operations and Engineering teams within Scrum Agile processes
- Implement AWS infrastructure security designs, including R53, AWS Shield, Application Load Balancers, CloudFormations, Route53, Elastic Beanstalk, etc.
- Work as part of a hands on team to collaborate on designs, implementation, tuning and support of our security systems at various layers
- Measure system performance and scalability
- Packaging/Re-packaging of applications
- Define, escalate, and resolve all technical issues in an organized, efficient and professional and expedited fashion
- At least 1 year of experience in AWS OR At least 2 years of experience in DevOps
- At least 1 year of experience in CI/CD Pipeline Automation
- At least 1 year of experience administering software delivery tools with development teams
- At least 1 year of experience with AWS architecture
- At least 1 year of experience implementing and managing enterprise monitoring and logging solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science Or Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems OR Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Military experience
- 2 years of Cloud experience
- 1 year of experience with Agile Methodology
- 2 years of experience in software development in Java
- Amazon AWS Architect Certification
- Amazon AWS Developer Certification
- Amazon AWS SysOps Certification
- Amazon AWS DevOps certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top