7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Who We Are:
Capital One is a technology company, a research laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand with over 65 million customers. We offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients - and data is at the center of everything we do. Capital One was named one of Fortune's 2018 100 Best Companies to Work For the 11th consecutive year! Come learn more about the great opportunities we have to offer!
Capital One has a history of disrupting, and we are doing it again. We're experimenting, innovating, and delivering really cool stuff to 65 million customers. We love to be curious, to dream, to ask, "what if?" Oh, and we love to write code.
We could tell you more, but you're going to check out our web site anyway, right?
Here are some of our favorites:
Your commitment to learning new things is every bit as important to us as what you have already done. Maybe even more so because we don't want to be doing the same thing tomorrow that we're doing today.
Capital One is seeking a highly motivated, experienced and dedicated DevOps Engineer who is passionate about cutting-edge distributed cloud computing. This role will support end-to-end public Cloud Automation of application delivery, including infrastructure provisioning and integration with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) platforms, using existing and emerging technologies. Our ideal candidate is someone who has experience moving large scale data and applications to the Cloud and can lead innovative projects to design, develop, architect and support our digital platforms on AWS.
- Contributing to all aspects of service delivery, including participation in the service readiness process to validate that all required conditions of satisfaction are met prior to project rollout.
- Automating build-test-deploy lifecycle for wide variety of applications and services.
- Enhancing platform services via Jenkins, Terraform, CloudFormation, and Ansible.
- Participating with software engineers, data scientists, and machine learning engineers within the Scrum Agile processes.
- Defining, escalating, and resolving all technical issues in an organized, efficient, and professional fashion.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience with one of the following version control systems: Git, GitHub or Subversion
- At least 2 years of experience with one of the following Continuous Integration platforms: Bamboo, Jenkins or CircleCI
- At least 2 years of experience with one of the following configuration management tools: Terraform, Cloud Formation or Ansible
- At least 1 year of experience with AWS
- At least 2 years of experience with ATDD, TDD, or BDD
- At least 3 years of experience developing applications using Agile methodology
- Amazon AWS Certification
- At least 1 year of experience using CloudFormation or Terraform
- At least 2 years of experience with Python, Scala or Java
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top