Plano Town Center (31064), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
We are on the search for a Lead Productivity Engineer to join a dynamic, quirky, disruptive team dedicated to delivering innovative, customer friendly, and enabling solutions to increase productivity to over 7000+ end points.
The right person selected will partner with the Enterprise Engineering team for the strategy and direction of the Windows, Desktop, Mobility and collaboration tool platforms for Capital One. Your days will be full of researching, designing, developing, testing, delivering and setting the direction for Capital One's FS Division platform; as well as, coming up with CREATIVE INNOVATIVE solutions that will help increase the productivity of our users and also to resolve nagging issues that only the brightest can solve. There will be ample opportunity to learn new approaches, methods, and technologies; and to work as part of a team that is made up of passionate, energetic, quirky, and team first individuals that want to make our products better.
- Innovate and Engineer solutions for the Microsoft Windows, Linux, iOS, Virtual Desktop, Mobility, Collaboration tools to increase productivity for our users
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Technical teams to deliver seamless upgrades to Financial Services users
- Proactive mindset is key to be able to foresee potential issues
- Active participation in initiatives to support strategic business objectives
- Remove Tech Goo from our environment no matter where it is found
- Adopt, embrace, and promote Agile/KanBan and rapid innovation practices with your peers
- Ensure all products conform to the highest architectural and engineering standards
- Champion ways to improve reusability, refine existing work-products for modularity, risk mitigation, and delivery
- Mentor, advise, and guide others, for the appropriate use of technologies, tools, and processes
Your experience probably includes a few of these:
- Master 3rd and 4th level Desktop Engineer, that can, not only fix issues but has the proactive prowess to identify and create solutions to avoid problems before they occur
- Experience delivering seamless Technical solutions partnered with strong Project Management methods to a 10,000+ user base.
- Innovator who loves technology and wants to apply it for the collective good of others
- A Go-Getter, somebody that doesn't require micro supervision, but will in fact hunt Technical nuisances that affect productivity, to then influence and engineer solutions for them
- Ability to deliver high quality solutions in a dynamic environment
- Understanding of and has used Agile/Scrum/KanBan rapid innovation practices and methods
- Ability to mentor and influence across teams of Platform and Software Engineers as well as Senior Executives to influence them into your way of thinking
- Excellent written/verbal/Presentation communications with outstanding attention to details
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills; understanding how to mitigate an issue and then resolve it at a later point
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience architecting and engineering enterprise desktop with 10,000 or more endpoints
- At least 2 years of experience with Windows 7 or higher
- At least 2 years of experience with iOS
- At least 2 years of experience with Windows scripting languages
- At least 2 years of experience with Desktop as a Service virtualization technology
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top