White Collar Factory (95009), United Kingdom, London, London
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
The role will be primarily based in our office in Old Street, London and there will be occasional travel requirements to Nottingham to attend key events or meetings with stakeholders.
As a design strategist you will:
- Lead projects, manage stakeholders and facilitate teams through discovery research, synthesis, ideation, design, and testing
- Provide a strategic lens within projects that includes consideration of the overarching customer experience, product portfolio, roadmap, business case, etc.
- Support our learning experiences team in translating crafting and coaching design thinking learning experiences that teach others how to fish.
A background in service, product, UX, business design or similar
You're a good fit if you:
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and adept at making the complex simple
- Are passionate about uncovering and navigating constraints in order to help the business improve experiences for customers in the real world
- Are excited to work on a multidisciplinary team and open to jumping into the unknown with new methods
- See opportunities where others see obstacles and constraints
- Believe that business acumen and design sensibilities are equally important to the success of a company
- Thrive in an environment that is focused on growth and development
- Can work on your own initiative and within a team environment
- You play between strategy, service and/or business design, and UX.
- You are a visual thinker and adept at communicating via various creative software platforms and/or media.
- You are an expert at translating observations into insights.
- You love consumer behaviour and psychology.
- You have examples of problem solving through design processes where you have helped businesses arrive at successful solutions.
- You come from a collaborative, interdisciplinary background and are inclusive, understanding, and appreciative of teams that don't have this exposure.
- You like ambiguity yet act decisively and are able to coach others through an ambiguous process.
- You excel at teaching others design thinking in ways that resonate with a range of audiences.
- You get energy from developing and facilitating workshops and creative sessions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in digital human-centered design, design thinking tools and methods
- Experience in using design strategy to problem-solve and develop new products, services, and experiences
- Experience in facilitating innovation and group collaboration processes
- Master's degree
- Team and/or project management experiences
- Experience in designing innovation and group collaboration processes
- Experience using design thinking principles or methods in a formal, in-person setting
- Experience utilising design thinking and/or human-centred design in large organisations
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Back to top