Design Operations Lead
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Design Operations Lead
Here at Capital One, our goal is to fully engage our customers in order to radically change how they interact with their money. We are looking for an experienced Design Operations Lead to help build and manage the processes, tools, and operational model for a high-functioning full-stack Design team to stay focused, efficient and inspired in creating banking experiences for Small Businesses.
The Small Business Bank Design team is a diverse newly formed group of human-centered designers charged with creating experiences in service of a Small Business owner's dream, providing them with financial tools and guidance. The team collaborates with talented partners from Product, Tech, Ops, Analytics, Marketing, and Brand teams to bring about a persistent focus on our Customers and create elegant, simple products and services that can make a positive impact.
As a Design Ops Lead, you have a strong background in Design Management for digital product and/or omni-channel service experiences. You have a broad set of skills in Program Management, but also have a passion and depth in specific areas of the practice that set you apart. You have an anything's-possible mindset, and are capable of managing the full Design process from problem-framing, to guiding conceptual solutions, and to helping deliver experiences that benefit our customers and our business.
Specifically, you will:
- Identify, define and develop tools and processes to document workstreams and initiatives for team communication, tracking, and reporting.
- Work closely with team and partners to Increase the operational efficiency of the Design team's working rhythm
- Establish clear and proactive communication at every level, maintaining effective relationships across the organization.
- Act as an advocate for the team to remove roadblocks and identify resources.
- Partner with Product/Design Directors and Managers on resource planning/allocation
- Leverage problem-solving and influence skills to ensure workstreams deliver to objectives, outcomes, and intent
- Assist with implementing the strategic and tactical prioritization of design initiatives and workflows; specifically the implementation of process improvements
- Manage changes to scope, design, and delivery schedules within the overall business, design, and development needs and with available resources
- Organize and ensure appropriate communication of status, issues, forecasts, metrics etc. to leadership, stakeholders, and partners
- Participate in the design process (stakeholder interviews, research, analysis, and work session facilitation) as necessary
- Help monitor and balance overall project health and team satisfaction
- Knowledge sharing across Capital One, Design Ops practice, and Design org
- Support scoping new engagements
- Build great working relationships
- Performing other related duties as required
What you bring:
- Compelling communicator with a strong point of view and a proven ability to influence others through diplomacy and articulate ideas effectively at all levels.
- Collaborator who possesses the professional, interpersonal, and cultural skills to establish early and lasting trust, credibility, and rapport at all levels of the organization.
- Decision-maker who will use strong follow-through to ensure the long-term success of the plans and processes.
- Self-starter with a high level of initiative, proactive in finding creative and effective solutions to day-to-day problems and resolving conflicts.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and escalated situations with empathy and courtesy.
- Can shift easily from tactical work to big picture work.
- At least 3 years of experience with Project Management.
- At least 3 years of experience managing multi-disciplinary teams in the delivery of products and services
- Bachelor's degree, military experience or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience with Project Management.
- 2+ years of experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Excellent problem solving and influencing skills.
- Experience collaborating with peers, management and stakeholders
- Responsibility for implementing and managing process
- Expert level understanding of design, quality processes, and business relationship management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top