Design Director, Auto
Plano Town Center (31064), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Design Director, Auto
At Capital One, we want to change the way people engage with their money, their bank, and their financial lives. It's audacious work at a massive scale. Here you'll find designers, hackers, rockers, artists, entrepreneurs, and data scientists. As a team, we come to work every day looking to build experiences that are authentic and bold.
We are seeking aDesignDirector to lead various teams focused on internal products aimed at improving our insights, decision making, and how we address the customer experience in our various auto lending businesses.
What You Bring
You are a leader and a designer. You have a passion for solving the right problem in a way that's usable, useful, and desirable for those using the solution. You think strategically and also sweat the details. You are skilled in both the craft and the process of design.You're proud of your work, your skill, your experience and your expertise, andyou want to be part of something great.
Design Leadership& Strategy
- Leader ofmulti-disciplinary teamsfrom strategy to execution
- Createsproject approachesappropriate for the given problem
- Ability to set direction, influence others,and establish product roadmaps
- Partnerswith product managers and technology partners
- Align business, customer, and associate needs
- Manages, mentors, coaches, and recruits design talent
- Usesdesign to communicate complex concepts simplyandtangibly
- Design strategy (vision, competitive analysis, direction)
- Design research (qualand quant)
- Interaction design(patterns, flows, architecture, experiences)
- Prototypingat different fidelities (lo-fi to interactive)
- Strong human-centered design focus
- Familiar with the designdouble diamond
- Comfortablewith design research process and methods
- Ability to translate research insights into solutions
- Knowledgeable of various design methods
- Full product lifecycleexperience
- Comfortable working in sprints
- Expertise in various prototyping tools
- Sketch andInvisionexperience
- Familiar with journey mapping
- Love of Sharpies and stickies
- Advocate for customer and business needs
- Good storytelling skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Great visual communication skills (from drawing to digital)
- Thrives inmultidisciplinary environment (product, data, tech, design, legal)
- Comfortabledevelopingproduct strategy, vision, and direction
- Abilityto execute designs with engineers
- Partners with designers to ensure consistency and foster creativity
- At least10yearsof experience with ExperienceDesign orat least 10yearsof experience withUserExperience
- Master's degree in Design or Human-Computer Interaction
- 10 years of experience with Experience Designor UserExperience
- 5+ years of experience with team leadershipor management
- 2+ years in start‐up environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top