Department Operations Manager
James River Center 2 (12041), United States of America, Chester, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Department Operations Manager
Are you a dynamic, analytical leader who is passionate about delivering top-notch customer experience while cultivating a high-performing group? If you are a strong integrative thinker, creative problem solver and possess strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, then this is the job for you! As a Department Operations Manager, you will lead day-to-day activities of a high visibility multi-function, multi-team operation. You will translate data into a story that will help drive the team towards achieving individual, team and business metrics.
- Lead a team of 75 -150 call center associates with Unit/Sr Unit Managers direct reports.
- Track and manage metrics, coach and develop associates, oversee quality assurance, and resolve system issues.
-Ensure processes are documented, projects are prioritized, and business objectives are met.
- Identify and drive process improvements that improve customer experience, lower costs and ensure highest quality loans.
- Collaborate with others across multiple departments and lines of business.
- Continuously analyze current business work flows and productivity/efficiency results in order to seek process improvements.
- Develop strategies in a fast-paced environment where new variables are constantly emerging.
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification or Military experience
- 2 Years of Call Center Management Experience
- 2 years of experience in People management - drive results through others, coach/develop
- 2 years of experience in Collections or Call Center
- 1 year of experience in Project management
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Management or some quantitative study
- Six Sigma, Lean
- 5 years of experience in People management - drive results through others, coach/develop
- 5 years of experience in Collections or Call Center
- 2 years of experience in Project management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top