Plano 3 (31063), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
We are passionate about data! As a Database Engineer at Capital One, you'll be responsible for administration of procedures and practices regarding data access and upkeep across multiple database technologies. This includes working with project teams to determine changes needed to both the database and models, and then implementing those changes. Our Database Professionals support ongoing project efforts and day-to-day support activities for the Database Platform.
- Responsible for the design, development and administration of transactional and analytical data constructs/structures
- Included within those responsibilities are the areas of data access and delivery technologies. Includes, SQL Server, PostgreSQL and potentially NoSQL solutions such as Cassandra or MongoDB or Couchbase
- Duties include performance tuning, monitoring, software installs and upgrades, scripting, and physical and logical database design.
- Take ownership of database related adhoc requests, incidents, alerts, escalations, research and respond to resolve in a timely manner
- Familiarity with AWS services and scripting
- Must be a team player, collaborate with application teams to ensure successful integration testing and delivery
- Hands on experience with setting up Amazon RDS instances and supporting RDS instances
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- At least 3 years of experience in configuring, managing, and troubleshooting SQL Server
- At least 3 years of experience with database backup and recovery, including implementing disaster recovery standards
- At least 3 years of experience monitoring SQL Server databases and at least 3 years of experience building and deploying the SQL scripts in multiple environments
- At least 3 years of experience with database design, optimization, and tuning.
- At least 1 year of experience in AWS cloud computing platform.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years of DBA experience in SQL Server in non-production and production environment
- 3+ years of financial services experience
- 1+ years of experience in AWS cloud computing platform migrating databases (PostgreSQL, SQL Server) to Amazon RDS
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top