Data Management Specialist
Nottingham Trent House (95002), United Kingdom, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Data Management Specialist
Capital One has business analysts, data analysts, data scientists and many others working hard to make sure our customers and business succeed. And there is one thing everyone needs to do their job - data. Having data available to our associates is important but having that data be accurate and consumable is essential. And that's where Information Data Management (IDM) come in.
IDM are a team within the UK Analytics world and we are experts in data management. We help data producers build data quality rules, metadata and controls to the data they create so they know it is accurate. We work with data consumers to help them be sure data is useful, usable, correctly labelled, timely and accurate. All of this helps data producers and data consumers understand how they fit within Capital One's data management framework, so they can continue adding value to the business.
In addition to that we complete assessments on behalf of the US business for our most important data elements and we make sure our Divisional Data Risk Officer has a strong understanding of how the UK data landscape looks.
IDM are launching a new, improved data steward training and enhanced data management programme across the UK business and we need a new member to join our team and make it happen. As a member of IDM your role may include:
- Providing expert data management consultancy to data stewards, data owners and UK executive members
- Working with data stewards to guide them through the new UK data management training and accreditation programme
- Bringing together Capital One's latest enterprise data management and governance practices and making sure the UK business has access to them
- Getting data producers, data consumers and data owners bought into data management best practices and influencing the adoption of those practices
- Working across the business to identify gaps in data management practice and helping to rectify those gaps
- Digging deep into data, data storage, data usages and the technical aspects of data to find new data management opportunities, then making those opportunities happen
- Performing high priority data assessments on behalf of the Divisional Data Risk Officer
- Working with our risk, controls and performance profiles in PRIME and the Data Management System of Record, performing control assessments and continually looking for ways to strengthen our well-managed agenda
What we are looking for from you
You don't need to be an expert in data management or an expert analyst, but there are some attributes we need from you.
- A strong understanding of data at Capital One - how it is created, stored and used within the business
- The ability to absorb large quantities of information, correctly interpret it and make it real to diverse groups of people
- A desire to always hold a high bar for the work you do and to make sure everything you do is accurate and timely
- Great communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills and the ability to use those skills with everyone from your peers to senior leaders
- Great influencing skills, the ability to challenge appropriately and the ability to get others enthused about the vision you have created
What's in it for you:
Bring us all this - and you'll be rewarded with a role offering real responsibility and opportunity to play a key part in shaping Capital One's future talent.
We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great leaders through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers).
Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance - with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire and support you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms.
Find out more through our UK careers site (http://www.capitalonecareers.co.uk/) or by exploring the @IAmCapitalOne Twitter page
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Back to top