Data Management Advisor- Director
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Data Management Advisor- Director
Data Management Advisor - Director
As a Director in Capital One's Enterprise Data Management (EDM) team, which is within Capital One's Risk Management organization, you will apply your analytical, data management, and process management skills to support development and adoption of the Data Management Strategy. You will collaborate with your EDM team and partner with stakeholders across the enterprise on initiatives to help drive transformation and change necessary to achieve the Data Management strategic objectives and reduce our data risk across the line of business you support (Enterprise Services Technology).
Risk Managers in Enterprise Data Management are highly motivated Risk & Data Management professionals with excellent organization, problem-solving, influence and communication skills. These individuals have the opportunity to work with and implement innovative solutions and processes to identify and mitigate potential data risks across their line of business.
- Become a trusted advisor to the business partners providing insight and risk mitigation on data management practices
- Identify opportunities and work with business stakeholders and partners to embed data management practices into our daily operations and business processes across the organization
- Use analytical skills to conduct Risk Process Assessment and Improvement, Data Process Design & Process Excellence
- Perform gap assessments and create recommendations to ensure progress towards organizational adoption of data management transformation
- Collaborate within EDM and with our Partners on areas of metadata management, data quality management and data stewardship functions
- Work with partners to improve adoption and user experience of data management tools in emerging platforms of Cloud and on-prem Hadoop
- Perform 2nd line of defense assessment of risk and compliance with data management practices and processes
- Bachelor's Degree OR military experience
- At least 10 years of experience in Data Management Practices and Processes
- At least 5 years of experience in Project Management
- Master's degree in Business Management OR Master's degree in Finance OR Master's degree in Accounting OR Master's degree in Economics OR Master's degree in Mathematics OR Master's degree in Project Management
- 10+ years of experience in Data Management Practices and Processes
- Six Sigma certification OR Lean certification OR Agile Coach certification
- 5+ years of experience in Risk Management, including Basel, CCAR AND AML
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new candidate for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top