Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Capital One Data Engineer, you'll be part of an Agile team dedicated to breaking the norm and pushing the limits of continuous improvement and innovation. You will contribute to building next generation data platforms on Cloud (Data Lake, Data Warehouse) and ETL (batch, real-time). You will participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging data technology platforms. You'll have the opportunity to develop your technical knowledge and skills to keep your mind and our business on the cutting edge of technology.
The person we're looking for:
- is excited about data (data modeling, databases & ETL) and open source technologies
- is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
- has a strong sense of engineering craftsmanship, takes pride in the code they write
- has good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices
- believes that good software development includes good testing, documentation, and collaboration
- Build Data Models
- Physical Implementation of Data Models in Data Lake and Relational Data Warehouse
- Develop, Deploy and Support real-time and batch data processing pipelines in cloud (AWS) environment
- Support and deliver within Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Support resiliency and scalability in production environments in Amazon Web Services and other cloud platforms
- Support Technology stack refresh on systems (end-to-end) from time to time
- Knowledgeable in Agile / Scrum / Kanban / DevOps practices
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Data Warehousing
- At least 2 years of experience with Unix and Linux systems
- At least 3 years of experience in ETL
- At least 3 years of experience in databases or filesystem based repositories
- At least 3 years of experience using SQL
- At least 2 years of RDBMS Application DBA experience
- At least 1 years of Unix shell Scripting and Python experience
- Master's Degree
- 3+ years of experience using SQL Modeler or Erwin Data Modeling Tools
- 2+ year of experience with Spark, Hadoop or Kafka
- 2+ year of experience in Syncsort DMX-H
- 2+ year of Linux, UNIX or OpenStack administration
- Technical certification(s) in Cloud or Open Source technologies
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top