McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
- Utilizing Python, Java or Scala to build scalable and resilient solutions
- Developing and deploying distributed computing Big Data applications using Open Source frameworks like Apache Spark on AWS
- Leveraging DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test-Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Git and Docker
- Help drive design, best practices and technical excellence in the team.
- Innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, out-of-the-box thinking, teamwork and self-organization
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience in software development using C, Java, or any other programming language
- At least 4 years of experience with Unix Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python
- At least 2 years of experience building big data solutions using Apache Spark
- At least 2 years of experience with cloud-based technologies
- At least 2+ years of experience with Spring Framework
- At least 2+ years of experience with Machine learning frameworks
- Expertise in Data structures
- Familiarity with Agile engineering practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top