7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Data Engineer on the Monitoring Intelligence team, you will be part of an innovative team working on cutting edge technology and data science. You will contribute to building insightful visualization using open source technologies to solve critical business problems.
We envision, create, deploy, and maintain technology solutions powered by streaming big data, state of the data analytics, open source technologies, and intuitive visualizations in the cloud. Our goal is to harness and deploy the latest technologies to predict and prevent internal and external customer-facing issues.
- Parse, wrangle and transform complex data into actionable insight
- Utilize the latest trends in data science to develop predictive failure models
- Develop and design useful and engaging dashboard
- Define critical thresholds for alerting
The person we're looking for:
- Is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute and knows how to get things done
- Is passionate about data
- Has a strong sense of quality; takes pride in the code they write
- Has great communication and reasoning skills, can effectively communicate highly technical information in an easily consumable format
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 2 year of experience writing production code with either Scala or Python or at least 3 years of experience writing code with Java
- At least 2 years of experience with SQL
- At least 2 years of experience with data wrangling
- At least 1 year of experience working with Data Science Methodologies
- Master's Degree
- 2 years of experience as a Full Stack Developer
- 1 years of experience with AWS
- 1 years of experience with statistical process controls
- 1 years of experience developing and contributing to open source platforms
- 1 year of experience with Redshift
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top