1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
We are looking for driven individuals to join our team of passionate data engineers in creating Capital One's next generation of data products and capabilities. In Capital One's @Machine group, we are creating innovative solutions for in-person customer experiences powered by our growing fleet of financial service kiosks.
- You will build data pipeline frameworks to automate high-volume and real-time data delivery for our Hadoop and streaming data hub
- You will build data APIs and data delivery services that support critical operational and analytical applications for our internal business operations, customers and partners
- You will transform complex analytical models into scalable, production-ready solutions
- You will continuously integrate and ship code into our on premise and cloud Production environments
- You will develop applications from ground up using a modern technology stack such as Scala, Spark, Postgres, Angular JS, and NoSQL
- You will work directly with Product Owners and customers to deliver data products in a collaborative and agile environment
- Develop sustainable data driven solutions with current new gen data technologies to meet the needs of our organization and business customers
- Master new technologies rapidly as needed to progress varied initiatives
- Break down complex data issues and resolve them
- Builds robust systems with an eye on the long term maintenance and support of the application
- Leverage reusable code modules to solve problems across the team and organization
- Drive cross team design and influencing / development via technical leadership / mentoring
- Understands complex multi-tier, multi-platform systems
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 3 years coding in data management, data warehousing or unstructured data environments.
- At least 3 years experience with big data technologies such as Cassandra, Accumulo, HBase, Spark, Hadoop, HDFS, AVRO, MongoDB, and Zookeeper.
- 3+ years with Agile
- 3+ years experience with the Hadoop stack
- 3+ years experience with NoSQL
- 3+ years experience developing Java
- 3+ years experience developing software solutions to solve complex business problems
- 3+ years experience designing, developing, and implementing ETL
- 3+ years experience with UNIX or Linux including basic commands and shell scripting
At this time, Capital One Will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top