West Creek 6 (12076), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
The Digital Data Engineering and Excellence team is a highly collaborative and passionate group. We love solving hard problems that have an impact for our customers and partners-and building reusable solutions. We are seeking hands-on Data Engineers who can operate with our digital engineering teams towards building ground-breaking capabilities and transformative customer experiences. The Data Engineer will be able to design, code and provide architecture solutions for the team, including but not limited to, database design, data modeling, and data integration-using cutting edge technologies, including open source tools on public Cloud platforms. The right candidate for this role is someone who is passionate about technology and interacting with product owners and technical stakeholders, thrives under pressure, and is hyper-focused on delivering exceptional results with good teamwork skills. The candidate will have the opportunity to influence and interact with fellow technologists beyond their team and influence technology partners across the enterprise.
The Job and Expectations:
• Development - Design and build database and data engineering solutions to serve the needs across the digiTECH organization.
• Data Modeling - Apply your expertise to help model structured and unstructured data. Own these models at a high level and consult with feature teams to help them model applications.
• Data Integration - Plan and build data integrations between systems. Figure out the best way to share information and build the tech needed to execute.
• Data Stewardship - Own or support the data definitions and lineage across our organization. Define systems of record, catalog operational and nonoperational data stores. Consult with features teams on how to get the data they need.
• Mentoring - Help teach other team members about data architecture, and also be a consultant for developers who need help with data.
• Engineer reusable capabilities and pipelines for DML, DDL, maintenance, and ETL needs that can be shared across teams.
• Stay current on technical knowledge and tooling to help the team utilize new technologies.
• Bachelor's Degree or military experience
• At least 2 years of experience developing, deploying, and testing in AWS
• At least 3 years of experience in system analysis and data management engineering
• At least 4 years of experience in database technologies: Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, or Mongo
• At least 1 year of experience using Git version control and Jenkins
• 3+ years of experience in Python, Bash, or Java
• 2+ years of experience in Google Cloud or Azure
• 1+ years of experience with Cassandra or Kafka
• Certification in AWS or database administration
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top