Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Capital One Data Engineer, you'll be part of an Agile team dedicated to breaking the norm and pushing the limits of continuous improvement and innovation. You will participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you will provide input into architectural design decisions, develop code to meet story acceptance criteria, and ensure that the applications we build are always available to our customers. You'll have the opportunity to mentor other engineers and develop your technical knowledge and skills to keep your mind and our business on the cutting edge of technology.
- Collaborate as part of a cross-functional Agile team to create and enhance software that enables state of the art, next generation Big Data & Fast Data applications.
- Build software and frameworks to automate high-volume and real-time data delivery between our cloud based data platforms and applications.
- Build data APIs and data delivery services that support critical operational and analytical applications for our internal business operations, customers and partners
- Leverage DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of software utilizing tools like Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Chef, Terraform, Ruby, Git and Docker
- Perform unit tests and conduct reviews with other team members to make sure the code is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for performance
- Develop and deploy distributed computing Data applications using Open Source frameworks like Apache Spark, Apex, Flink, Nifi, Storm and Kafka on AWS Cloud
- Utilize programming languages like Java, Scala, Python and Open Source RDBMS and NoSQL databases and Cloud based data warehousing services such as Redshift and Snowflake
- Use and/or learn, Spark, Angular JS, Java, Cassandra, Accumulo, HBase, Hadoop, HDFS, PostgreSQL, Redshift, and MongoDB
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of professional work experience in data warehousing or data analytics
- At least 3 years of experience in data engineering using Java, Spark, Scala or Akka
- At least 2 year of experience working with cloud data capabilities
- 5+ years Java development experience
- 4+ years of experience in Python, Scala, or R for large scale data analysis
- 4+ years' experience with Relational Database Systems and SQL (PostgreSQL or Redshift)
- 4+ years of UNIX/Linux experience
- 2+ years of Agile engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience with the Hadoop Stack
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud computing (AWS)
- 1+ years of experience with supervised machine learning
- 1+ years of experience in developing event processing platforms
Capital One will not consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top