Data Analytics Systems Engineer (BI)
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Data Analytics Systems Engineer (BI)
We are actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Technology Professionals who are passionate about engineering leading-edge business intelligence, visual analytics and data technologies to join our team (#ilovedata)! This is an opportunity to display knowledge of your craft by having a hand in building large-scale reliable data applications and platforms to impact the way that Capital One does business. You will be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One, and creating experiences to delight millions of customers!
As a Capital One Platform Data Engineer you will be working to support current analytics platforms while engineering new environments to support business intelligence and visual analytics in the cloud. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: SAP Business Objects, Birst, Qlik, D3, Tableau and other analytics tools all in a Big Data and Cloud environment. You will be engineering the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems and administering these systems, but not creating the reports or dashboards that will be products of these systems.
- Lead delivery of new BI and Visual Analytics Platforms while supporting existing technologies
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of analytical systems, and determine priority of needs.
- Works under broad direction. Is fully accountable for own technical work and/or project/supervisory responsibilities. Receives assignments in the form of objectives. Establishes own milestones and team objectives. Work is often self-initiated.
- Enforce company policies in areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management, compliance, and HR.
- Analyze, define, design and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment
- Develop, test, implement and document technical engineering solutions to assist business partner's self-service their analytic needs
- Advise on the available standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to Business Intelligence, Data Analytics and Data Science and can make correct choices from alternatives.
- Understand big data as well as cloud based data technologies and applications. Able to engineer solutions for the business to effectively utilize these data solutions while minimizing impact to system performance.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 2 years of experience administering and supporting a relevant business intelligence environment or combination of SAP Business Objects, Tableau, Birst, or Qlik
- At least 2 years of experience with system scripting or query writing
- At least 2 years of experience working with diverse data sources, including both structured and unstructured data (#ilovedata)
- At least 2 years of experience in Agile methodologies
- At least 2 years' experience with Windows Server or Linux server administration
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or equivalent
- 2+ years designing and implementing Cloud Services
- 2+ years' experience operating and managing environments in AWS Cloud.
- 2+ years of experience in object oriented programming languages such as Python and Java
- 2+ years of experience with Hadoop and other Big Data Technologies #bigdata
- 2+ years of experience with advanced analytics technologies
- 2+ years of SAP Business Intelligence Platform, Tableau, QlikView or BI Security User administration certifications
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top