Data Analyst Manager
West Creek 6 (12076), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Data Analyst Manager
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we were a tiny startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and that little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
Twenty-five years after Capital One was started it's still led by its founder. Be ready to join a community of the smartest people you've ever met, who put the customer first, and want to use their data skills to make a difference.
As a Data Analyst in Capital One's Digital Commerce team, you will leverage analytic and technical skills to create, build, and maintain data solutions to solve business problems for our innovative Digital payment products. Your will play a key role in delivering insights that impact the company's bottom line.
What you'll do:
- Produce reports and analysis that show how our business is performing
- Drive current and future strategy by leveraging your analytical skills
- Experience working with vast amounts of data in new and evolving environments
- Be a part of the full life cycle of projects and see end results
- Collaborate across business units
- Work with top talent in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where analytics and good data are a top priority
- Partner with product and strategy teams to identify key questions, then execute the analysis and communicate the results.
On any given day you will be:
- Analyzing data to arrive at specific and crucial information for the organization
- Identifying and implementing process, data, and reporting improvements for the organization
- Working with large and complex databases containing millions to billions of records
- Consulting on the design and implementation of new production and data storage systems
An ideal candidate will possess strong problem solving and programming skills, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 years of experience performing data analysis
- 2 years of programming experience
- 2 years of experience with SQL
- 1 year of experience with Python
- 1 year of experience in Tableau
- 1 year of project management experience
- 1 year of experience in people management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Director, Data Science
Zoe leads a team of data scientists and engineers who collaborate with product designers to develop dynamic data pipelines and machine learning algorithms for customer-facing platform functions.
Back to top