Data Analyst Intern - Other Amazing Universities
West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Data Analyst Intern – Other Amazing Universities
Our interns are involved with some of Capital One’s most critical business decisions, and they work with the best and brightest in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. As a Data Analyst intern, your goal is to solve complex data problems that enable insights into customer behavior and operational performance. With the explosion of data that’s available for making business decisions, you’ll find yourself in a critical role at the intersection of business strategy and technology. To succeed requires rigorous logical thinking, adaptability, and exceptional teamwork.
Excel in the Analyst Internship Program, and you’ll see what it takes to build an immensely rewarding career with Capital One. Interns are a full-fledged member of the team—engaged from day one through structured training, a diverse set of experiences, a network of peers across the company, and leadership opportunities. The program is designed to provide exposure to real, complex operational projects, executive speakers, team building activities, and associate presentations and discussions.
Ideal candidates are top-performing students who excel at analytic problem solving, desire a technical aspect to their role, and want immediate integration into major corporate initiatives. They’re motivated to develop a deep understanding of data, programming, business insights, and technical skills that are required to harness the power of our extensive data warehouses and execute Capital One’s information-based strategy. They want to work with highly intelligent peers and business leaders in a vibrant, collaborative environment, and develop the skills required to excel.
What You Can Expect
- Training and Development – Hone your analytical, quantitative skills and soft skills through our award-winning Capital One University.
- Executive Speakers – Learn from our senior executives as they share their history and vision and offer guidance as you start your career.
- Team Building Activities – Develop relationships with intern peers, associates and executives at planned social events throughout the summer.
- Associate Presentations and Discussions – Hear from current associates as they discuss their projects, roles and how to be successful within a premier financial services organization.
As a part of the Analyst Internship Program, your projects may include:
- Using data mining techniques to identify fraud rings
- Testing the effectiveness of our marketing channels
- Building the data foundation for Capital One’s digital agenda
- Optimizing bank ATM placement through advanced data exploration
- Seamlessly integrating data from multiple sources and platforms to generate customer insight
- Diving into new data sources to enhance models
- Researching web activities to drive enhancements to customer engagement sites
- Will obtain or have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or higher between December 2016 and August 2017
- In process of obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a quantitative major, including business, economics, mathematics, finance, or engineering
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Director, Digital Product Marketing
Mazen is transforming the financial industry, one groundbreaking product at a time. By applying imaginative marketing techniques, Mazen shines the spotlight on Capital One’s most impactful financial technologies.
Back to top