Nottingham Trent House (95002), United Kingdom, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
We issued our very first credit card way back in 1996, and have since grown to become one of the UK's top ten card providers.
From day one, our business has been about helping people succeed with credit. From innovative tools like our QuickCheck eligibility checker, to the way we're driving positive change across the finance industry. It's no wonder we're the only card provider with a 4-star rated credit card from Fairbanking.
Recognised by Glassdoor as one of the 'Best Places to Work 2018', we are looking for Data Analyst to join our Nottingham team.
What you'll be doing
People often think that all top tech businesses are only as good as their data, but that's only half the story. Having smart people to take that data, analyse it and produce great recommendations and solutions that fundamentally improve our business and our customers' experience is what sets us apart. That's the difference Data Analysts make at Capital One.
We are looking for people with great analytical potential - so whether you've been working as an analyst for years or never seen a line of code in your life, if you believe you have that potential then you could be exactly who we are looking for. We'll equip you with the technical and coding skills you'll need, whilst helping you develop communicative, influencing and stakeholder management skills all of which are essential in the Data Analyst role.
The Data Analyst team supports a vast array of customers across the UK business, and your role may include:
- Extracting and mining data for analysis to aid in solving business problems
- Developing tools and technical solutions to help streamline and improve processes
- Manipulating data to fulfill on analytical and segmentation requests
- Using Data Visualisation tools and techniques to best share data with business partners
- Building and developing forecasting models to enable operational areas to manage more effectively
What we are looking for from you
- Strong in-built analytical ability, a natural affinity with numbers and the willingness to use that numerical ability to quickly spot trends
- An inquisitive nature and a genuine desire to use it
- The ability to pick up coding skills (SQL, R, Python, C#) - doesn't matter whether currently know some, all or none of them - we're only interested in your capacity to learn
- Great verbal and written communication / interpersonal skills, and the ability to use those skills with everyone from your peers to senior leaders
- The ability to take your own ideas, articulate them clearly and then develop solutions
- The ability to work in a collaborative environment and partner with stakeholders across the organisation
What's in it for you
- Bring us all this - and you'll be handsomely rewarded with an exciting and varied role contributing to key business decisions and direction
- We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great people through our Capital One University training programs (and appropriate external providers)
- Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance - with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
- Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire and support you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms. In London, you can heighten your mood with a run on our rooftop running track or an espresso at the Workshop Coffee café
- Find out more through our UK careers site (http://www.capitalonecareers.co.uk/) or by exploring the @IAmCapitalOne Twitter page
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Back to top