Data Analysis Manager
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Data Analysis Manager
Data Analysis Manager
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we were a tiny startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and that little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
Twenty-five years after Capital One was started it's still led by its founder. Be ready to join a community of the smartest people you've ever met, who put the customer first, and want to use their data skills to make a difference.
What you'll do:
- Drive current and future strategy by leveraging your analytical skills
- Assist with building and using models to test and validate data
- Experience working with vast amounts of data in new and evolving environments
- Be a part of growing and developing our brand in new and emerging markets
- Leverage analytics to create a customer experience above our peers
- Lead a team of talented junior analysts on an exciting professional journey while mentoring them and elevating their careers
- Be a part of the full life cycle of projects and see end results
- Collaborate across business units
- Work with top talent in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where analytics and good data are a top priority
- Experience real work life balance, with little travel involved
On any given day you will be:
- Mining data to arrive at specific and crucial information for the organization
- Identifying and implementing process, data, and reporting improvements for the organization
- Working with large and complex databases containing millions to billions of records
- Improving operational efficiencies and effectiveness
- Conducting analysis to evaluate processes and tests
- Extracting and analyzing data to gauge product offerings
- Consulting on the design and implementation of new production and data storage systems
- Developing and implementing strategic tests of products, initiatives and marketing materials
- Managing up to 5 people
An ideal candidate will be on the leading edge of Analytical technology with a passion for the newest and most innovative tools. Possessing strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities in addition to communication, interpersonal and leadership skills are also important. This position will be in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you will be handling multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in teams.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 4 years of professional data analysis work experience
- At least 2 years of programming experience
- At least 1 year of experience in people management
- Master's Degree
- At least 7 years of professional data analysis work experience
- At least 1 years of project management experience
- At least 1 years of experience with Hadoop
- At least 1 years of experience with R
- At least 1 years of experience with Python
- At least 1 years of experience in Tableau
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top