Data Analysis Manager
Fairfax Co-Vienna (12093), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Data Analysis Manager
Capital One is seeking a Data Analyst at the Manager level for an exciting new initiative to develop multichannel natural language intelligent assistants that provide an outstanding experience for our customers. You will work closely with our product, design, and engineering teams to develop strategies for leveraging rich data to bring greater intelligence and humanity to our conversational AI. So far we've brought Eno (SMS) and our Alexa skill to life. We're quickly improving these and adding more channels.
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we were a tiny startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and that little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
Twenty-five years after Capital One was started it's still led by its founder who is committed to making it a leading tech company, not just a leading bank. Be ready to join a community of the smartest people you've ever met, who put the customer first, and want to use their data skills to change banking for good.
This role requires a well-rounded analyst and manager who can develop and deliver data solutions to support diverse business needs, generate insights, apply creative problem-solving skills, and proactively shape and drive agendas forward. This individual should be comfortable with customer, financial and operational data, have a proven track-record for project design, support and delivery, possess technical expertise within a data environment, and have the leadership skills to influence outcomes. The ideal candidate should also be comfortable directly and indirectly guiding team members as well as consulting with business colleagues.
- Close the feedback loop in the design of artificial intelligence systems
- Use an A/B testing suite from scratch to provide the cleanest experimental data
- Analyze unstructured conversational data to help develop new features
- Drive strategy by leveraging your analytical skills
- Work with data in new and evolving environments
- Leverage analytics to create a customer experience above our peers
- Be a part of the full life cycle of projects and see end results
- Collaborate across business units
- Work with top talent in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where analytics and good data are a top priority
- Experience real work life balance, with little travel involved
Responsibilities may include:
- Identify and implement process, data, and reporting improvements for the organization
- Work with large and complex databases containing millions to billions of records
- Improve operational efficiencies and effectiveness
- Conduct analysis to evaluate processes and tests
- Extract and analyze data to gauge product offerings
- Consult on the design and implementation of new production and data storage systems
- Determine and collect the departmental data needed to monitor and evaluate operations
An ideal candidate will possess strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities in addition to communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. This position will be in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you will be handling multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in teams.
- At least a Bachelor's Degree
- At least 4 years of professional data analysis work experience
- At least 2 years of programming experience
- Master's Degree
- 7 years of professional data analysis work experience
- 1 year of people management experience
- 1 year of project management experience
- 1 year of experience working with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services
- 3 years of experience in SQL
- 1 year of experience with Python
- 1 year of experience in Java
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top