Cyber Software Engineer Manager
- McLean, VA
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Cyber Software Engineer Manager
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. At Capital One, you'll be part of a group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if"?
As a Capital One Cyber Software Engineer Manager, you'll work on applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, highly-available RESTful services, and back-end systems using leading edge techniques in Cloud and Big Data. You will drive the design, implementation, testing, deployment, and post-release support in an agile application development environment. You will execute on engineering and release priorities successfully through strong leadership and communication. Whether a bug fix or an awesome feature, you will own your work and deliver the most elegant and scalable solutions.
- Design, build, and support mission-critical Cyber products to enable engineers to write secure code
- Work with other developers to build full-stack applications with a focus on backend microservices and open source technologies using NodeJS, AWS, Scala, and Docker
- Work with a high-performing agile team to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Integrate and deploy microservices and APIs on AWS and other cloud providers
- Provide technical leadership on architecting applications, mentoring developers, making smart technology decisions, etc.
- Evaluate new technologies and stay current on industry best practices
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of full stack development experience with Java tech stack
- At least 3 years of experience in technical leadership or staff management role
- At least 3 years of experience with relational databases
- At least 3 years of experience with AWS, and microservices architecture, and CI/CD build pipeline
- At least 2 years of experience designing, and developing, and delivering cloud-native applications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience with NodeJS and Java in a software engineering environment
- 5+ years experience with Java development technology stack (Springboot, or JPA, or Hibernate, or Gradle, or Jackson)
- 3+ years of experience with MongoDB, and NOSQL, and SQL, and AngularJS
- 3+ years experience deploying containerized applications to ECS, or Docker Swarm, or Kubernetes
- 2+ years of experience with distributed systems, and Kafka, and Apache SPARK
- 2+ years of experience developing, and deploying, and connecting RESTful services in a test-driven development environment
- 1+ year of experience building CI/CD pipelines in a serverless computing environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top