White Collar Factory (95009), United Kingdom, London, London
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Primary Job Duties are to provide oversight and leadership to a team that will
- Conduct intelligence collection, targeting and surveillance activities in support of approved Priority Intelligence Requirements and CTI service catalog offerings.
- Screen potential and current intelligence sources for credibility and reliability.
- Manage the relationship with designated CTI commercial intelligence providers to include key performance indicators, collection requirements and quality control.
- Identify high value "targets of interest" operating within the cybercrime underground based on the target's impact to Capital One's business operations and reputation.
- Manage the RFI analyst and RFI process for CTI products.
- Create adversary profiles of high value "targets of interest" for use by the broader CTI Team as required.
- Collaborates with Security Intelligence Center, ISRM and other leadership to identify opportunities where cyber threat intelligence capabilities can add value to business operations.
- Partner with leadership of other CTI functions to ensure an integrated process across functions.
- Maintain 24x7x365 situational awareness of the cyber threat landscape for the purposes of delivering indications & warnings to the broader team and senior leadership.
- Identify collaboration opportunities both within and outside the CTI team.
- Liaise with appropriate outside bodies and agencies to ensure collection and investigations effort is efficient and meets the team's needs.
- Must be willing to participate in an after-hours on-call rotation and/or work non-standard hours when necessary.
- Must have a good background knowledge of cybercrime and goals.
- Good understanding of cyber security practices and secure data management.
- Good understanding of operational security and associated intelligence management.
- Operational experience of working in a secure environment in an appropriate group or agency.
- Quality control of products coming from the investigations team to ensure that they meet the desired standard of CTI
- Ensure that the RFI manager/analyst is appropriately managing the mailbox and that RFI SLA's are being met.
- Establish & communicate the mission and vision for CTI's investigations team (IO) Team. Staff & align team members in a manner that will support effective execution of CTI's wider mission.
- This goal will be measured by feedback from customers and peer managers and supervisors.
- Manage and expand collection activities in a manner that will enhance the quality of existing and new CTI service offerings being delivered to Capital One Lines of Business (LOB).
- This goal will be measured by establishing the success rate of meeting CTI service level agreements (SLAs), customer feedback and feedback from CTI's Senior leadership team/Peer managers.
- Establish effective collection strategy to support enterprise & LOB Priority Intelligence Requirements. Collaborate with internal and external Capital One customers to ensure collection activities & deliverables are facilitating effective fulfillment of PIRs.
- This goal will be measured by customer feedback (NPS scores) on intelligence products and RFI deliverables. CTI Strategic Intelligence leadership feedback will also factor into measurement of this goal.
- Maintain a collection plan for the CTI team and regularly review with managers to ensure plan is up to date and fit for purpose.
- Obtain an in-depth understanding of Capital One's business model, leadership criteria and organizational strategy to include the role of ISRM in the organization strategy.
- Build on and develop knowledge of internal capital one systems and teams in the ISRM arena and at an enterprise level.
- Engage in both role specific and personal development training as appropriate.
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top