Cyber Architect, Director
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Cyber Architect, Director
As an architect in the Cyber Division, you will be part of a team responsible for two primary vision - solution architecture for products developed within Cyber portfolio and external security consulting to other lines of Capital One business.
Capital One is looking for a forward-looking technology professional capable of shaping the next generation of Capital One's security journey. As a candidate for this role, you're able to seamlessly switch from diving deep into technology with engineers to driving high level, strategic discussions around capability roadmaps and architectural patterns. You are a naturally curious technologist and stay on top of emerging trends, including hands-on prototyping of nascent technologies. You are not afraid to question any existing processes and solutions, yet you display a keen sense of business value proposition and focus on the right priorities. You feel at home in the cloud and are an expert in designing cloud-native security solutions. You believe that a core component of security's role is to enable the business, not just to secure it, and the solutions you bring to life are aligned to the needs of our developer community and business partners. You thrive in working in a fast paced, technologically forward leaning environment and are not afraid to push the boundaries of security capabilities. You take a critical lens to buy vs. build decisions and are not afraid of implementing custom built or open source solutions alongside traditional vendor products.
Roles, Skills, and Attributes
- Strong, proven problem-solving skills and ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems, driving work through to completion
- Ability to translate complex technical information across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a professional environment that values open communication
- Demonstrated ability to translate business drivers and priorities into security design
- Excellent presentation skills
- Energy and a clear passion for the role
- Demonstrated personal values aligned with the corporate values
- Excellent written and verbal business English
- Willingness to travel occasionally to support key initiatives, attend meetings and attend conferences or training
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of technical solutions architecture experience
- At least 8 years of software engineering experience
- At least 5 years of experience designing and deploying solutions in cloud
- Security consulting experience
- Expert level knowledge of security principles and technologies
- Experience designing and implementing enterprise grade security solutions based on open source projects
- Experience with agile development or comparable working environment
- Experience with designing fully automated security solutions within a fully DevOps enabled enterprise
- Demonstrated ability in defining strategy for security organizations in cross-matrixed enterprises
- Cloud computing certifications a plus
- CISSP or similar certification a plus
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
Back to top