7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Cyber Analyst, you will leverage analytic and technical skills to discover cyber risks; prioritize assets, assess risks and remediation/mitigation techniques; report on risks, and drive and track remediation/mitigation/acceptance of risk to tackle cyber business problems. On any given day, you will be challenged on three types of work - Assessment and Oversight; Reporting, Education, and Awareness; and Vulnerability Management Ownership:
Assessment and Oversight of the remediation of vulnerabilities
- Assess vulnerabilities, investigate solutions and countermeasures
- Review and validate vulnerability findings, utilizing tools to gather scope and breadth of issue in the Capital One environment.
- Advise technical and non-technical stakeholders on appropriate prioritization of remediation/mitigation solutions
- Verify vulnerability remediation/mitigation through re-test & closure
- Provide appropriate challenge to risk acceptance
Vulnerability Management Reporting, Education and Awareness
- Report, track, and disposition remediation/mitigation/risk acceptance activities
- Support compliance and due diligence activities related to audits regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with teams and stakeholders to create tactical plans to best achieve strategic goals
- Champion security best practice and be a Cyber advocate
- Provide security and remediation/mitigation advice to cross-business stakeholders at a technical level
- Proactive identification and communication of external themes and threats
- Help drive security maturity in vulnerability management and security in general across the business, through positive engagement and teaching
Vulnerability Management Ownership
- Vigilantly partner with the team and stakeholders to develop and re-engineer processes/procedures to further mature the vulnerability management program
- Provide customer advocacy to all stakeholders as a representative of Cyber Shared Services
Our ideal candidate will have:
• Degree specialized in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics discipline
• Strong desire and experience with data in various forms (data warehouses/SQL)
• Ability to learn and specialize over time in various technical disciples (e.g. Linux, Windows, Network, Public Cloud, etc.)
• Solid experience in IT or Cyber related fields
• Experience with public Cloud and managing assets
• Bachelor's Degree or military experience
• At least 3 years of experience in IT or Cyber related field
• At least 1 year of experience in an Agile environment
• At least 1 year of experience with Vulnerability Management
• Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics discipline
• At least 3+ years' experience in IT or Cyber related field
• At least 2+ years' experience with Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
• At least 2+ years' experience working in an Agile environment
• At least 1+ years' experience in querying, analyzing, and working with large amount of data
• At least 1+ years' experience working with and demonstrating knowledge of data governance, data quality management concepts and data quality tools
• Security related certification such as CEH, CISSP, CCSP, etc.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top