Customer Management Strategy Manager
Nottingham Trent House (95002), United Kingdom, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Customer Management Strategy Manager
We issued our very first credit card way back in 1996 and have since grown to become one of the UK's largest credit card providers, serving more than 3.5 million customers. From day one, our business has been about helping people succeed with credit and we've used innovative tools to make that happen, like our QuickCheck eligibility checker. It allows a customer to know for certain if they'll be accepted for a card, before they apply.
But there's no denying it. The financial services industry is changing. Driven by FinTech challengers, active regulators and demanding consumers, the industry is evolving faster than ever. We need someone who's capable of understanding these different forces and helping us define what our business should look like in the 2020s and beyond.
As a Business Manager leading on strategy, you'll combine analytical skills with a strong customer focus to determine the right price for our products, and how we make sure those products are first-choice for our customers. You'll need to be an all-rounder who can work with world-class professionals across the business to gain the quantitative and qualitative insights you need to define your strategy, and then be able to make prioritisation calls and trade-offs in order to deliver that strategy into market.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Strategic leadership: develop business strategies that will drive growth, profitability, and competitive success for Capital One while staying ahead of the shifting consumer and regulatory demands.
• People leadership: manage and develop analysts. Coaching and mentoring associates with a goal of developing future leaders and retaining great talent at Capital One.
• Credit risk management: drive improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behaviour, creating valuations models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis.
• Execution: manage and sequence delivery of business intent, build business requirements and lead execution of the strategy. Oversee multiple projects and programs concurrently.
• Partnership: work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: Technology, Operations, Compliance, Finance and others to drive continuous improvements in business performance.
What you'll bring:
• Strategic & analytic orientation: a proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation.
• Strong business judgment: a tenacious decision maker, able to bring an ambitious yet responsible approach to business.
• Strong executive communication skills: impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. Ability to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
• Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment.
• Ability to source and manipulate data e.g. through use of SQL, R, Python
What's in it for you:
• Ownership and empowerment from day one. You'll be set-up for career growth with one of the best employers in the UK (Glassdoor, Best Places to Work 2018).
• We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great leaders through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers)
• Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance - with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
• Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to include and support you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms. In London, you can heighten your mood with a run on our rooftop running track or an espresso at the Workshop Coffee café
• Find out more through our UK careers site (http://www.capitalonecareers.co.uk/) or by exploring the @IAmCapitalOne Twitter page
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Back to top