Critical Stack - DevOps Engineer
20 Park Plaza (21007), United States of America, Boston, Massachusetts
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Critical Stack - DevOps Engineer
The Critical Stack team lives at the intersection of the network, development, and security worlds. We are industry veterans who have been instrumental in defending dozens of global firms as employees, consultants, developers, and mentors.
We're looking for a Senior DevOps engineer that is productive, self-motivated, thirsty for knowledge, and wants to make a major impact in the container orchestration space.
You'll have a fearless, can-do attitude and the opportunity to tackle the following:
- Deploying clusters of machines based on Kubernetes to different cloud-providers
- Building fault-tolerance, failover, recovery procedures for applications and clusters
- Monitoring and alerting of cluster and application health
- Automating application deployment to the cluster
- Build and maintain Continuous Integration pipeline for Operations and Developer teams
- Collaborate with application and operations engineers
- Utilization of Packer, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Drone CI, and Golang
- High School Diploma, GED, Equivalent Certification or Military Experience
- At least 3 years experience with Linux
- At least 3 years experience with Cloud providers (AWS, GCE, Azure)
- At least 3 years experience with Configuration management and automation (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- 5+ years of Systems Administration, and deployment automation
- 5+ years of RDBMS and NoSQL database management (e.g., Postgres, Redis, MySQL, SQLServer)
- 5+ years AWS experience
- Demonstrated ability to thoughtfully evaluate & choose technologies and communicate the pros/cons to your peers
- 3+ years' experience with any programming language
- Experience or interest in Container Orchestration, including Docker and Kubernetes
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top