Credit Accounting Manager
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Credit Accounting Manager
Are you a forward thinking analytical genius who thrives on being a key contributor in a high energy financial services organization? Do you want to work in a business-casual, collaborative environment where your contributions are recognized, successes are elevated and effort is rewarded? Our accountants are masters of accounting principles with a flawless understanding of the full end to end accounting process. You will be surrounded by intellectually curious accounting professionals every day, all with the end goal of creating a seamless, well managed client experience. As the demand for skilled accountants is at an all time high - Capital One can provide an environment where you can excel in your career while still maintaining a work life balance that others will desire. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work.
You and Capital One - Better. Together.
- Managing credit quality disclosure processes to ensure consistent and accurate internal management and external SEC and Regulatory financial reporting,
- Creating dynamic analytics and presenting process results clearly and concisely for executive leadership,
- Reviewing financial reporting results to assess the accuracy and appropriate presentation of credit quality results,
- Actively reviewing business initiatives to assess and communicate impacts to credit quality disclosures
- Managing the team to elevate associate performance, develop associates, create a positive experience and build and maintain a high performing team,
- Developing technical knowledge of Credit Accounting and upstream processes to serve as a subject matter expert,
- Leveraging new and existing technologies to enhance reporting and analytics,
- Tracking and executing process improvement activities to reduce risk,
- Monitoring the design and operational effectiveness of the control environment with respect to SOX and regulatory requirements,
- Coordinating and supporting credit quality compliance activities as a liaison for internal compliance groups, internal audit and external audit group, and
- Supporting ongoing projects on behalf of Credit Accounting.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of accounting, finance or audit experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Public accounting experience
- Financial Services and/or Credit Accounting experience
- Excellent project managerial and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- People manager experience
- Ability to stay knowledgeable about research and reach well-reasoned conclusions on financial reporting and disclosure issues
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top