Corporate Communications, Content Strategist
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Corporate Communications, Content Strategist
Are you a talented storyteller with a journalism background and the know-how to use storytelling to connect the public and other key stakeholders with the company, it's values and what it stands for to influence reputation? Are you an editor with leadership experience in innovative digital newsrooms, setting content strategies and ensuring content ladders up to an enterprise narrative?
We're looking for a PR professional with experience driving an enterprise narrative and setting an enterprise content strategy for all PR-owned online and social channels. You'll be part of a talented team providing ongoing strategic communications counsel and driving innovative communications efforts about Capital One's people and vision.
We're looking for someone who can help us take our corporate storytelling experience to the next level, driving the company's reputation through storytelling. Specifically, our Stories Content Strategist will be responsible for:
- Working with key stakeholders and teams across the company to develop an overall enterprise level narrative that weaves together the story of Capital One, its values, culture and innovative approach to connect people and their money using technology.
- Driving and continuously refining the enterprise narrative and all related umbrella messaging to ensure consistency across associate, customer, and stakeholder touchpoints.
- Designing and driving a living content strategy for PR-owned channels and cultivating innovative, digital storytelling ideas, channels, and practices for the PR team.
- Developing original content for the PR-owned channels, to include long-form stories, video pieces and podcasts
- Partnering with members of the PR team to identify story-telling opportunities, including ways in which to extend the life of content they're creating for the lines of business or to create original content.
The successful candidate will have:
- 7-10 years of strategic communications experience, with journalism and or modern on-line storytelling experience preferred
- Experience setting content strategy for digital channels and translating that strategy into compelling, relevant on-line content experiences for various audiences
- Strong understanding and knowledge of PR, thought leadership, content marketing, and storytelling
- Exceptional written/verbal communications skills
- Experience working with and inspiring creative teams, managing agency relationships on both strategic and creative projects, and setting content strategies for digital and social channels
- Experience with data/trend analysis as a way to spot trends or moments in time that can be used to influence near-term content strategies or to optimize on-going LOB campaigns
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, problem-solving in the moment and escalating when necessary
- Ability to see the possibility of a story in data and then bring it to life for PR-owned channels - whether that be through words, video or audio.
- The ability to work as part of a team, in an open and collaborative environment, and stay calm under intense pressure to manage rapidly changing priorities;
- The ability to think creatively, demonstrate integrated problem-solving and structured thinking
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills, analytical talent and attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills
- At least a Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in external communications OR At least 5 years of experience in journalism
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top