West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
We're looking for a Copywriter for the Brand team to partner with an Art Director to create marketing assets for the 'excellent-credit' segment of our US Card business. You'll get so comfortable in our Brand voice that you might find yourself using it at cocktail parties. You'll get to work with an awesome creative team on a variety of projects, including conceptual campaigns that'll let you flex those creative muscles. Basically, if you're passionate about writing, here's a chance to get paid for doing what you love.
You should be:
- An effective communicator, both verbally and in your writing
- Adept at presenting creative ideas to business executives and strategy partners
- Excellent at grammar and copyediting, but be warned—you'll have to check that Oxford comma at the door.
- Skilled at jugging multiple projects and incorporating feedback quickly
- Able to write compelling content for digital, web, email and direct mail
You should be great at:
- Grabbing people's attention with engaging headlines and subject lines
- Simplifying complex subjects and communicating them in a clear way
- Writing in a brand voice
- Strategizing, brainstorming and synthesizing research results
- Collaborating with Art Directors and other creatives
- Putting yourself in the customers' shoes to improve UX
- Bachelor's degree or Military experience.
- At least 5 years marketing copywriting experience
- At least 3 years of previous experience in a financial services setting
- At least 1 year analyzing and interpreting data to create effective customer communication
- At least 1 year of experience with InDesign, InVision, Adwords or UserTesting.com
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top