Content Strategist/UX Writer
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Content Strategist/UX Writer
At Capital One, we're building a leading information based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a journey to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams.
The team and role:
The Ecosystem Design team at Capital One is a diverse group of human-centered designers transforming the way our associates work with data, to deliver real-time business outcomes and innovative customer experiences. The Ecosystem team has the unique ability to address the comprehensive needs of our broad associate base, creating experiences that are powerful, personalized and intuitive for all.
We're looking for a talented UX Writer/Content Strategist to join our team in creating next-generation tools and data experiences for our associates. You'll work closely with the Design, Product and Engineering teams to evolve Capital One's enterprise data ecosystem, creating solutions that scale and establishing content guidelines for our enterprise platforms.
Who you are:
You love communicating with users in plain language, in a way that aligns with how we want them to feel and the impression we want to leave them with when they interact with us. You love designing solutions that solve user problems, with humanity. You're a strong collaborator who can work across Design, Product, Engineering, Business, and Brand. You're a natural storyteller, a systems thinker, and a content designer whom people want to work with.
What you'll do:
- Partner with Design teammates, Product, and Engineering to co-create content for experiences we're launching or improving
- Write and optimize copy in support of digital experimentation initiatives
- Connect user needs with business goals and design direction
- Establish the content guidelines teams will follow when designing end-to-end user experiences on the platform
- Partner with the design system team to define and document requirements and content guidelines for content creators in a way that can be used for governance
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization who come at experience design from different angles-like marketing, brand, legal, risk, and more-to facilitate progress and influence direction
- Partner with UX Researchers to observe and conduct user testing with real people to inform our experiences.
You'll need to be pretty dang good at wearing these hats:
- User Advocate - You'll dig into who our associates are and what language they use, then ensure our experiences speak their language
- Writer - You'll build trustworthy relationships with users by making "simplicity and humanity" core facets of our experience content
- Editor - You'll cut or change what doesn't help audiences publish, manage, find and use on our platform and in our ecosystem
- UX Designer - You'll establish a cohesive conversation with users, both within and across our many touchpoints
- Researcher - You'll test your content on real users, iterate until it's clear as a bell, then see it rolled out to tens of thousands of associates (who serve millions of customers)
- Systems Thinker - You'll be helping to define responsive digital design system components and content management systems
- Data Analytics - You'll study analytics and use data to inform content decisions and experiences
- Entrepreneur - You'll work with our partners to understand the constraints and potential for growing and optimizing the business WITH a more delightful user experience
- Consultant - You'll advise other teams and designers and will contribute to design system governance in a large federated organization, where you won't ultimately own most of the content
You might feel pretty bummed about this job if you:
- Want to focus solely on content marketing or email marketing
- Tend to overlook ultra important stuff like proper spelling and comma usage
- Can't quickly adapt to change in direction or focus
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience with digital content strategy or at least 2 years of experience on a UX design team
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Master's Degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or Master's Degree in Design
- 3+ years of full-time experience with digital content strategy and information architecture
- 3+ years of experience designing for digital products and interactions
- 3+ years of experience leading content-first design
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top