Compliance Director, Learning and Development
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Compliance Director, Learning and Development
Are you a leader and driver of change? Do you love to be innovative, creative and challenge the status quo? Then this role may be right for you! The Director in this role will have an opportunity to lead and innovate Compliance training & development programs at Capital One. Compliance Training is a foundational element of any successful Compliance management system, and we need a proven leader to ensure the Compliance Training program at Capital One is "future ready" - designed to align with how associates will work, organize and learn in the future. Additionally, it's critical that Compliance professionals continuously develop their compliance and business skills, knowledge and capabilities. The Director in this role will be responsible for defining and managing the Enterprise Compliance Training Program and the Compliance Department's internal development program, Compliance College.
The Enterprise Compliance Training Program includes:
- establishing the enterprise learning strategy for Capital One's Compliance Management Program, incorporating regulatory expectations into an innovative, learner-centered design
- driving design and development of Compliance learning solutions and evaluation strategies,
- developing the annual compliance training calendar and audience profiles, and overseeing execution of the annual training plan with Capital One University
- ownership of Compliance training metrics and reporting, including oversight of line of business participation and escalation
- ongoing partnership with Business Risk Offices, line of business training teams, Risk Management functions, and Capital One University
The internal Compliance department development program, Compliance College, includes:
- establishing the department's professional talent development strategy
- oversight of certification programs for Compliance professionals
- developing and/or identifying vendors to provide training for ongoing skill development
- building learning programs to promote understanding of the Compliance Management Program at Capital One
- engaging with other learning & development functions to enhance the internal Compliance development curriculum
A successful candidate will have excellent communication, judgement, and leadership skills, be adept at leading and managing change, and be able to juggle numerous priorities while remaining focused on key objectives.
• Design and oversee the Annual Compliance Training program, Compliance College, and Compliance department development program
• Coordination with Capital One University and business area Compliance Officers
• Report on compliance training participation and drive escalation, as needed
• Support Internal Audits & Exam, providing evidence of effective compliance training activities
• Manage a team of 7-10 people
• Bachelors degree
• At least 2 years of experience in Compliance or Risk Management
• At least 3 years of experience in training design/execution or adult learning curriculums/methodologies
• At least 3 years of experience in Banking or Financial Services
• At least 3 years of experience managing people
• Masters degree in Business or Education
• At least 5 years of experience in learning and development strategies
• At least 3 years of experience in Banking, Financial Services, or other highly-regulated industry
• Experience in Program or Process Management, preferably in a highly-regulated industry
• Experience leading change in a distributed learning organization
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top