McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Develops and executes communication strategies/plans across communication channels, audiences, and client groups. Provides leadership communication consulting and change/communication consulting for large programs. Writes and edits communications, message points, and other publications. Partners with HR and Chiefs of Staff to effectively support clients. Responsible for all company external speaking engagements including conferences and events. Evaluates and documents opportunities, makes a recommendation, and provides talking points and reviews presentations. Provides communications counsel on corporate-wide initiatives. Leverages communications to help associates draw line of sight to department and company strategy. Manages seasoned communications professionals who provide counsel on communicating business strategy, elevating leadership profiles, managing issues and implementing corporate initiatives. Implements change management communications around new software implementation. Serves as point of contact for intranet/portal-related projects and requests. Works with clients to assess needs and directly with technical resource to deliver on requests.
• Develop and deliver results-driven communication strategies and plans that help drive change communications efforts in support of the overall business
• Provide communications coaching to senior leaders - program communication leadership consulting, planning, and execution
• Create and implement ad hoc activities for departments such as recognition programs, surveys and results, volunteer relationships, promoting new products internally, etc.
• Develop, implement, and continually assess quantitative and qualitative metrics to monitor the effectiveness and business impact of internal communications
• Identify, build and maintain effective relationships with senior leaders, communicators for other businesses, HR partners, Corporate Affairs, and other key stakeholders
• Manage up to 3 people Level: Manager
• Bachelor's Degree OR Military Experience
• At least 5 years of experience in Developing and implementing integrated communication strategies to drive organizational change and achieve measurable results based on business objectives.
• At least 5 years of experience in Partnering with and coaching senior executives on effective communications that support organization objectives
• At least 5 years of experience in Oral and written communications
• At 5 years of experience in Managing multiple projects
- Ability to submit 1 to 2 writing samples, and training material samples, upon request
- 7 years of work experience in communications and training consulting
- 2 years of experience with large program delivery/communications
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English or related concentration
- 2 years of experience working with multi-media platforms including digital media, learning platforms and video assets
- Experience with G Suite tools
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top