Communications and Multimedia Programing Lead
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Communications and Multimedia Programing Lead
The Café Experience: Welcome to a new idea in banking.
Here at Capital One, we're redefining how people bank. You see, we believe banking should fit our customers' everyday lives - not the other way around. Our Capital One Café is a welcoming environment where customers can try out our digital and financial tools, grab a great cup of coffee and get to know our Ambassadors (and each other). It's a place where they can recharge their mobile devices, plug into some free WiFi and learn new ways to save time and money.
We're redefining the typical work experience, too.
Our Café's exist to enhance the financial lives of people in the communities we serve. We seek outgoing, passionate people who love connecting, teaching and interacting with individuals and really want to be a part of this whole reimagined banking experience.
We're excited to be growing and hiring across the country to build the next generation of banking based on sound practices and values so that our philosophy can transcend into our products and services. We hope you join our tremendous team that has helped changed our industry for the better.
Internal Process Manager – Associate Communication
As an Internal Process Manager for Communication (Communications and Multimedia Programing Lead) you'll create visual concepts, by hand or using computer software, to communicate ideas that inform and inspire. You'll partner with world-class professionals to develop and create communication campaigns and materials for multiple platforms: webs, email and print.
You'll also be asked to identify, develop execute and implement an overall communication program strategy, supporting our Café Ambassadors in delivering a legendary Café Customer Experience. You'll thrive in a collaborate environment that values your insight, encourages you to take new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate, develop, implement, and evaluate content for internal Café communication sites and national café network. Including: email, infographics, presentations, and collateral materials.
- Develop communication concepts from ideation (storyboarding) to the execution and delivery of the final product (asset) to feedback gathering for process improvement.
- Exercise judgment and tact and be able to effectively work with all levels and locations within the organization on broader enterprise initiatives
- Identify business opportunities for communication improvement and solve for them using analysis to make strategic and tactical recommendations and improvements
- Ensure the Capital One Cafe brand style guild is upheld in all media content.
- Occasional evening and weekends may be required.
The ideal candidate will exhibit:
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong oral/written communication and presentation skills to communicate effectively and in a timely manner with all levels of the organization
- Strong initiative and vision for continuous improvement
- Demonstrable multi-channel communications strategy with a strong portfolio
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- At least 1 year of graphic design experience
- At least 1 year of experience with mass electronic communication
- At least 1 years of website design experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite [InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop]
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- 5 or more years of graphic design experience
- 5 or more years of mass electronica communication experience
- 5 or more years of website design experience
- Proficiency in Apple Keynote
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top