Commercial Underwriter II
Bethesda Metro Center (17049), United States of America, Bethesda, Maryland
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Commercial Underwriter II
Capital One Healthcare (formerly GE Capital's Healthcare Financial Services) business is one of the most active capital providers in the U.S. healthcare market, deploying approximately $9 billion in new commitments to customers via 200+ transactions in 2013. That adds up to more than $65 billion in financing over the past 10 years. For the fourth consecutive year, the Healthcare Finance business (HFS) was the top lead arranger by volume and number of transactions completed for all financings under $500 million in U.S. healthcare leveraged finance.
Customers across45 healthcare sectors - including senior housing, hospitals, medical offices, outpatient services, pharmaceuticals and medical devices - rely on HFS to finance acquisitions, refinance existing debt, support working capital needs and fund growth initiatives. With in-depth industry knowledge and expertise, the HFS team of professionals creates business and financial solutions tailored to meet the individual needs of its customers.
The Analyst or Associate will support the Risk team and support underwriting teams by performing due diligence, financial modeling and analysis on companies in the healthcare industry. The Analyst or Associate will assist in various aspects of the underwriting process from diligence and modeling through presenting for approval, documentation and final closing. You will bring a customer focused approach to the management, monitoring and reporting on a portfolio of customer accounts.
- Analyzes customer operations and finances in order to determine credit worthiness in accordance with underwriting guidelines.
- Accurately collects customer financial information.
- Conducts financial modeling to determine operating performance and assess risk.
- Conducts industry research and competitive due diligence.
- Participates in transaction underwriting and credit approval issues.
- Monitors and reports on assigned portfolio.
- Manages accounts to ensure customer retention and performance to specifications.
- Coaches and develops junior team members Ensures compliance in credit policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Cash Flow or ABLunderwriting/portfoliomanagement experience.
- Familiarization with healthcare industry.
- 2-5 years of experience in finance, accounting or credit.
-Experience in cash flow analysis, collateralanalysis and/or financial statement analysis
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top