Commercial Card Product Advisor- McLean, VA
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Commercial Card Product Advisor- McLean, VA
Internal Level: Manager
Location: McLean, VA
The Commercial Card Product Advisor will help drive revenue generation by providing technical and product sales expertise to new and existing clients within the Commercial Bank's Treasury Management division.
To drive revenue from these client relationships, the individual will exhibit a high degree of client "solutions consulting" and technical aptitude as they interview, analyze, and assess a client's needs in an effort to tailor our product offering more effectively. The person in this role will be expected to perform these functions during both the pre-sales and/or implementation & onboarding stages of the client lifecycle. The individual in this role will need to develop a profound understanding of Capital One's commercial card (travel, purchasing, and electronic accounts payable) products and online systems.
The Product Advisor will be viewed as a product expert for the client and will enjoy a high-level of customer contact filled with both routine and unexpected challenges. As such, a strong candidate would have excellent consulting, relationship management and business development abilities, along with strong analytical and technical experience. Moreover, a strong candidate will also have strong organizational, project management and time management skills, including the ability to multi-task, solve problems, and provide excellent follow-up.
- Partner with Relationship Managers, Sales Officers, Implementation Team and Product Managers to drive increased revenue from Commercial Card clients during the pre-sales and implementation/onboarding stages
- Frequent analysis of existing Commercial portfolio to target client segments with increased revenue potential
- Tailor product solutions to meet needs of clients of a particular size and industry segment
- Develop and enhance professional rapport with customers and serve as high-level contact for issue resolution
- Act as client consultant - be able to make product recommendations based on "as-is" processes and policies
- Act as client liaison by championing client needs internally with Sales, Operations, Client Service, Implementation, and Product Management groups
- Provide updates to Relationship Managers and Sales Officers on product enhancements, projects, and issues.
- Understand product dynamics, and ensure highest product quality and client experience
- Participate in industry conferences and seminars; keep abreast of competition, technology changes, trends, etc. in the marketplace and educate partners and customers as appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of previous Card, Treasury Management, Account Management, Technical Integration, and Consulting experience required
- Master's Degree
- Excellent analytical, communication, training, and presentation skills
- 5 years of previous Card, Treasury Management, Account Management, Technical Integration, and Consulting experience required
Travel: 25% of the Time
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top