COAF Sr SCRA Risk Coordinator
Plano 5 (31065), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
COAF Sr SCRA Risk Coordinator
Assisting active duty and future military customers.
SHIFT Hours: 10am- 7pm M-F
Responsible for calling significantly delinquent customers (pre-charge off, recovery skip and recoveries) and arranging for payments within SCRA (Servicemembers Civil Relief Act) guidelines. Main objective of the role is to, resolve customer delinquency and prevent negative credit impacts for customers protected by SCRA regulations.
- Negotiates payment arrangements from significantly delinquent customers
- Prevent debts from charging off in order to reduce Capital One's losses
- Utilizes skip tracing tools to locate customers successfully
- Uses queue management skills to in order to work an assigned group of accounts and daily dialer jobs
- Ability to handle escalated situations
- Fully understand and be able to explain federal SCRA guidelines
- Maintain Excel spreadsheets of tools offered to ensure proper policy and procedures are followed
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to influence customers to what is "best" for their needs
- Builds relationships through being personable and non-scripted
- Ability to authentically empathize with the customer's concerns
- Problem solving mindset that "owns" the customer's issue
- Detail oriented to avoid errors in a highly regulated environment
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent certification, or military experience
- Fluent In Spanish and English
- 2 years call center or Loss mitigation experience
- 1 year highest risk loss mitigation experience in Financial services or banking (repo, skip, recovery, loan modifications)
- 1 year experience with Microsoft Office products
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top