Cloud Software Engineer
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Cloud Software Engineer
We are seeking a highly creative and intellectually curious Software Engineer who is passionate about Public Cloud hosting - Operations, Engineering and Compliance. As part of a team that's leading the next wave of disruption on a whole new scale, you will play an integral part in advancing Capital One's Cloud eco-system and culture of technical excellence. Today we are focused on AWS, tomorrow it will be another public cloud provider. If you are focused on the art of the possible and are not afraid to push the bounds of technology, you want to be at Capital One. In this position, you will play a major role in shaping the future for how to quickly deploy applications at scale in the cloud for a Fortune 150 Financial Services organization.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Use your winning personality to influence broader Engineering groups in adopting Cloud technologies and processes.
- Manage cloud operations over multiple accounts and multiple clouds (Primary AWS, Secondary Azure/Google).
- Perform root cause analysis to assist customers with identifying performance issues and suggest architecture solution optimizing solutions
- Identify technical obstacles early and work closely with team to find creative solutions, build prototypes & develop deployment strategies, and procedures
- Collaborate with the Line of Business development teams to bring new features and services into production
- Manage, report and remediate compliance in an automated fashion using open source tools (cloud custodian, terraform)
- Design and develop automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting reviews to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assessing the overall quality of delivered components
- Evaluate & build different compute frameworks for all tiers and while you don't have to scale buildings, implementing scalable system solutions is required
- Automator. You know what continuous integration means, and believe automation is the path to happiness. You know how to script and automate anything and everything, from tests to environment provisioning
- You're not intimated by challenges, even thriving in an unstructured environment where you're empowered to make a difference. In that context, you will be expected to research and develop cutting-edge technologies
- Work with internal customers to implement data monitoring, orchestration and code deployment
- You love learning new technologies and mentoring more junior engineers
- At least 2 years' experience developing automation including scripting experience
- At least 1 years' experience developing applications using Agile principles
- At least 1 years' experience with a formal version control tool (Subversion/ Git)
- At least 2 years' infrastructure platform support
- 2+ years experience working in a Cloud environment
- 5+ years' experience with OOP concepts and modern scripting languages, (Python, Yaml, Shell, JSON, Terraform)
- 3+ years' experience with large-scale software implementation (high transaction volume, high-availability concepts)
- 2 years' experience with Linux, server automation and scripting
- 2 years of AWS APIs experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
JyotisanaSenior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top